Monday, May 25, 2015

Masculine cards using up some old DSP


I set out this morning to use up some of
my scraps of DSP.  I was planning to make cards like this - just varying the DSP and colors.


But, as so often happens, plans change. I came across these beautiful envelopes that a friend gave me. 

They matched my scraps of a retired DSP called Muirfield.  I had to adjust the card sizes but using a whole sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and scoring at 3 3/4 and 7 inches made some cute tri-fold cards. I also made some single fold cards using a piece of card stock 8 1/2 x 7 1/2 and scoring midway along the  shorter side. (3 3/4) 


The colors for the DSP are Pacific Point, Baja Breeze (don't have any of that any more), Kiwi Kiss ( never had that) and Very Vanilla.  I pulled out Pacific Point, Soft Sky and Summer Starfruit.  Not exact matches but close. 


This is one of the tri-fold cards. Front. 


Inside fold


And inside. 

The DSP had some really bold designs and some subtle designs. 

Here are cards using the bolder designs. 

And these use the subtler designs.  

I got 10 cards done and still have some of the DSP and a few odd sized envelopes that were with the long green ones.  My goal is to use all the DSP and envelopes today. I'll post more cards when I have finished that goal. 

No comments: