Monday, March 28, 2016

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend - but that is how I like it most times.

Saturday we had Easter dinner with some of Tom's family.  I put the ham in my large slow cooker and the potato casserole in the other slow cooker.  Really easy.

The Easter bunny visited and Adelyn found 34 eggs!  It was so funny - she would see the one that blended into the rocks and was partially hidden but would not even notice the brightly colored ones in the open.


We had our whole family together - and everyone looked at the camera - sort of.


This is the 4 generations both maternal and paternal in Tom's family.


And these are Tom's parents with the grandkids and great-grandkids that were here. 

After everyone left, I spent some time in the craft room.  I had several months of Paper Pumpkin kits that I had not done so I started with those.

 


One kit had flowers and leave to punch out to make several cards. There are always enough pieces to use on additional cards.  The card on the left has some of the 'extras' on it. 



And another kit had coordinating envelopes.  Added class!


Another design to coordinate with the envelopes.

This set was fun to play with. I wanted to use one of these on Sunday morning for a friend's birthday- but I made an error when writing inside the card........so.......

I created these 2 cards from that one.  I cut the speckled background in half and them trimmed it so it would fit on a piece of Bermuda Bay.  Then put those on a Soft Sky background.  


Sunday was church - Alleluia - He is Risen.  
After church, Tom was napping, Bekah was gone and I sat and watched some of my 
Love Comes Softly DVD set while I stitched.


Finished up this charity square.   I used the Sulky thread that is variegated deep rose and purple.  It was fun and relaxing.  Just what I needed. 

No comments: